Thursday, April 8, 2010

What is yours??

This post was inspired by my friend's daughter, Nikki. Nikki is so sweet and I think the world of her, but she did something yesterday that wasn't common for her. She sent me an e-mail! I love her...but she never sends me an e-mail! I was so excited to read it!

I opened the e-mail only to find that it was one of those silly forwards that asks you questions about yourself...you know the ones that you neve reply to and then you hit the delete button?? Well, that is exactly what I thought I was going to do, but then as I scrolled down the e-mail, there was a part that said "who is the person most likely to send this back?" Aaaaghhhh to my great horror she had put my name there! I couldn't disapoint her....I adore her! ( I now realize it probably was some other Kathy she was talking about.) Now I felt compelled to fill the little survey out and send it to her.

The very first question was what got my attention. The question was what five names are you known by? So I started to fill them in.......
1) Kathy (of course)
2) Kathy Sue (family and childhood friends)
3) Ms. Kathy (by children in the church)
4) Fat Kat the Sewer Rat (by my mean brothers)
5) Kathy Suuuueeeeeeeee (like your calling for pigs....again by my mean bothers)

So I finished the e-mail and sent it on it's way. Then last night as I was laying in bed, I thought "how could I have forgotten the one name that my mom called me until the day she died"? This nickname was a name that I felt loved when she called me it. I felt the warmth and nurturing in her voice, when she called me it. Do you want to know what it was? Do you promise to tell me your nickname?? Promise? Pinky swear?? Please leave a comment and tell me your nickname! Mine was "little turd"!!

And people wonder why I am the way I am............

5 comments:

  1. You are too funny Kathy! My nickname is Choo Choo because Kristin couldn't say Rachelle when she was little. She made it up and it stuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachelle!....uhhh I mean choo choo! I love it! I think we should all start calling each other by our nick names...we would be sure to smile more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy Woo I just read all of your blogs and the nick name I didn't post was Whine calf. I almost forgot until I read the last post of PB&J. You have to agree you were whining. Love ya sister AKA Aunt Chicken Foot Stew

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh ma goodness! I forgot about WOO, Aunt Chicken Foot Stew and Whine Calf! Karen...was your nickname SKUNK??? Our family may not be normal........

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just SOOOOEEEEE, no Cathy in front of it. Doesn't Rodney Brian call you "Hickey Dumpster", I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete