Monday, April 5, 2010

Waiting with baited breath.....

Waiting with baited breath? What exactly does that mean anyways? I don't know, but it makes a great title! I know that you are all waiting on the edge of your seats to find out the winner of the famous PB&J dilemma, but sorry, I just can't give the tally just yet.



Yesterday was Easter, and so I thought instead of mentioning that silly little vote, I would give you some insights to my spiritual side. As some of you may know, I have been in children's ministry for about 25 years, doing everything from nursery to Sunday School, to Children's Church, and I absolutely love it. Over the years, I have heard some of the funniest stories and I thought you may enjoy hearing them also. Remember...the names have been changed to protect the innocent...



One morning I was teaching Sunday School and a little girl with pig tails came in with a rather hurried looking mother. The mother quickly apologized for being late and turned around to go out the door. The cute little girl proceeded to tell me and the whole class why they were late. "We are late because mommy and daddy had to take a shower together to save water"!!! The mom just kept walking out the door.........



During children's church we were learning about how Jesus was our friend. We sang songs about Jesus being our friend, we played games about Jesus being our friend, we had a puppet skit about how Jesus would be our friend all the time, no matter what we did or what we looked like,

we had a bible verse about Jesus caring for the children. It was toward the end of class and I reminded the children, that no matter what, Jesus loved them and wanted to be their friend. Just about that time, the parents came to pick up their children. I was telling one parent what their child had learned that day, so the parent starting quizzing the child, asking him "who is your friend"?? After the child named off several school age children, I thought I would prompt him, so I said "remember Jesus is your friend?" And to that, the child answered "who is Jesus??" Oh all that preparation........................



Now I honestly don't know if I should post this next part, I worry I may lose all 3 readers! I guess I will live on the edge and see what happens!



Once again it was toward the end of service and I was asking if the children had anything that they would like to pray about. We had the usual, grandma's sick, I want a puppy and I want to get an A in school. Then a small hand came up in the back from a rather shy child that didn't often participate in the prayer requests. I called him by name and asked him what he would like us to pray for....he very loudly said "I eat my boogers!"



So I will leave you with that thought today! Oh and that silly little voting thing....I will post the results.....as soon.....as I am.... winning!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kathy, your blog is just what I'd hoped it would be! So funny! You have the best stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ridiculous, the correct phrase is "bated breath". Here's the definition: http://www.darrenbarefoot.com/archives/2004/04/waiting-with-bated-breath.html

    ReplyDelete