Monday, May 24, 2010

The Unicycle Story.....

I have had this blog for almost two months and have written 18 posts so far. I consider that pretty good for me, considering when I started I didn't know if I would write past my first post!

Thanks for the encouragement and your comments. I really love to read the comments, and I apologize now for those of you who say you are having trouble "commenting" on here. I would fix it if I knew how....honest I would. Some have taken the extra time to e-mail me or comment on my face book, and I love that too! I just love the "interaction thing" on here, otherwise one could feel like they are talking to their self....and I do that enough in "real life"!

All that to say, as soon as some of my friends heard I was going into "blogland" they wanted to hear the famous "Unicycle Story". I have debated if I could really "write" about this experience to give it justice. I usually need a lot of room to tell this story. It is about my very first date....if you could call it that....in the 7th grade. Just so you know, that was my very first date and MY LAST, until I met my (now) husband, my senior year. So that can give you a clue as how the unicycle date went!

But! before I give you all the embarrassing details, please tell me about your first date! Was it hot and steamy?? Cold and clammy?? Awkward and embarrassing? I usually get so enthralled at telling MY story, I don't stop to ask anyone about their first date!

I thought about asking if I could get 5 people to write about their first date, then I would tell the unicycle story.....but that seemed to easy.

Then I thought 10! If I can get 10 people to comment on here (or e-mail or facebook) I will tell the unicycle story. Then I realized I don't have 10 people who read this.......

So my offer is 7! If I am going to publicly humiliate myself.. then I will do it for no less than 7 comments about YOUR FIRST DATE!

***If you can not leave a comment on here (for whatever reason) then e-mail me at khowerton@neb.rr.com or leave a comment on my facebook page.

3 comments:

  1. Kathy! That was a looonnnggg time ago! I can't remember who it was or if it was embarrassing or good. You have the best first date story anyway. If I remember, I'll write back, then maybe you'll have 8 comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember my first date, but I can't wait for the "Roger" story, because its "R" Rated.

    I remember your dumb littlest brother's first date, driven there in the '72 van driven by #4, with Snoopy and his dog house in it.

    Let me know if you want help with getting people to be able to comment on here, your blogspot settings are screwed up. But this is what's gonna happen: http://www.geeksugar.com/Nick-Burns-Your-Companys-Computer-Guy-SNL-Video-1573854

    ReplyDelete
  3. My comment posted and then went away? Anyway, BEST story EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete