Thursday, August 26, 2010

PARTY FROCK!!

I feel like whenever I write an entry in this blog, I need to make some kind of disclaimer, or at the very least, I need to explain myself before I begin. This entry is no different!

First I need everyone to know that I absolutely adore my friends! They are the best! You know when someone says they married "well" or they married "up", speaking of their spouse? Well that is how I feel about my friends....I feel like they are "up" and I may be a little below their level. That is perfectly fine by me, I am not in any way complaining. But sometimes, it gets me into trouble.....hence today's title "PARTY FROCK!"

The other day I received an invitation in the mail to a Birthday party for one of my friends, given at another friends house. I was thrilled! I love birthday parties... especially for my friends. But then I re-read the invitation, and I read some words that I am pretty sure I have never read on an invitation before, it said

"Put on your party frock and join us for a poolside luncheon"

Party frock???? PARTY FROCK!!! See what I mean when I say most of my friends and I are not on the same level? Now the thing that gets me into trouble most of the time, is that I pretend to know what they are talking about and then I usually come away looking foolish. Here is my problem...I have no idea what "party frock" means!! I thought about looking it up under GOOGLE, but a few missed keys on the key board and you never know what I will come up with!

I know what "poolside luncheon" means....that means we are going to sit by her lovely swimming pool and eat lunch....and believe you me....it is NOT going to be a bologna sandwich, trust me on this one. I will give you the details of that later. Right now I am just worried about my frock!


I am bound and determined NOT to be embarrassed( I wouldn't want them to know I didn't have a "frock" to wear) when I go to this party. I have looked high and low and asked many people where I could find a frock....but to no avail.

But after a stop at the goodwill (doesn't that sound like a store that would have "frocks") I think I have my party frock completed for tomorrow! Once again, I think I will pull this off and they will not have a clue, that I didn't know what a "party frock" was!

Wish me luck, and I will let you know if I still have my friends when this is all over!

Here's to party frocking!!
kathy

2 comments:

  1. watch out - your hostess just may have a camera!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm laughing so hard my tummy is jiggling!

    ReplyDelete